The thing we love most about STEM careers is you can find them in almost ANY industry – even the most unlikely ones!
Textile and laundry services might not be an industry you think of first when it comes to a challenging STEM career, but Harris Murtaza – current Energy Management Advisor with Alsco – tells us there is an untapped world of opportunity to be explored.
Hear from Haris as he shares with us:
- Who Alsco are, what they do and who they work with.
- What Harris’ role involves, and what a typical workday might look like as an Energy Advisor.
- How Alsco prioritises sustainability and is actively working towards its goals to provide high-quality services that don’t compromise our environment.
- Some of the big misconceptions behind the industry.
- How Alsco is leading the way in technological advancements across their sector to offer even greater sustainability.
- More about the graduate and apprenticeship opportunities with Alsco.
Phew! It sounds like there’s a LOT that goes on behind the scenes that we might never know about. We loved Haris’ enthusiasm for his work, and it sounds like if you’ve got an interest in STEM, there’s a lot to explore with Alsco!
Find Out More
Alsco has provided professional textile rental services throughout New Zealand since 1910.
Known for their friendly approach, their services include uniforms and workwear, commercial linen, floorcare, washroom services, first aid systems and business consumables.
Having called New Zealand home for over a century, Alsco wants to work with committed individuals who share their passion for looking after our unique and precious environment for future generations.
Sound like you? Head to their exclusive employer profile to learn more!