A career in food manufacturing might not be at the top of your list when you think about where you’ll be in five or ten years – but it could well be worth considering.
Tim Morton, Regional Operations Manager with George Weston Foods, never imagined this is where he’d end up when he was at school – but he’s definitely not sad about it!
Hear from Timin our latest employee interview as he shares how a cleaning role led him to where he is today, along with:
- Who George Weston Foods are, the different areas of the business and the services and products they provide.
- More about Tim’s role, the variety it involves and what he typically gets up to.
- How he got started with his career and the progression he’s been able to go after to become Regional Operations Manager.
- Why there’s so much more to the industry and the range of jobs available than many people realise.
- The best parts of his work – including why the people really make George Weston a great place to start a career.
We thoroughly enjoyed chatting with Tim and learning more about this niche – but incredibly varied – industry!
Wondering what George Weston might have to offer your career? Definitely give this one a listen!
Find Out More
George Weston Foods makes some of Australia and New Zealand’s favourite and most innovative products.
As one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest food manufacturers, George Weston currently employs over 6,000 people across 40 sites. Their diverse product range includes leading brands such as Tip Top, Sunblest, Abbotts Village Bakery, Burgen, Golden, DON, KR Castlemaine, Yumi’s, and MAURI (flour, milled products, animal feed) and Jasol (cleaning and hygiene solutions).
Discover where a career with the leaders could take you via our exclusive employer profile.