Closing:Closing in 11 hours
War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
The role of the Geriatric Flying Squad (GFS) Nurse Unit Manager is to lead, coordinate and direct the delivery of care in the War Memorial GFS. The GFS is, a multi-disciplinary rapid response team that reviews older patients in the community setting and within residential aged care facilities who are experiencing a sub-acute decline from a range of geriatric syndromes. The goal of intervention is to provide a comprehensive geriatric assessment aimed at preventing avoidable hospital admissions and reinvigorating quality of life in the older person’s primary place of residence.
As the Nurse Unit Manager, this position provides clinical leadership that facilitates the ongoing development of a GFS clinical practice that is creative, visionary and relevant. It achieves this through both operational and strategic leadership, and in the hands on delivery of care to older at-risk patients. The role requires significant engagement with patients, carers, the SESLHD , the Primary Health Network, other service providers and the local community to enable provision of a GFS service that is comprehensive, accessible, responsive, high quality and person-centred.
This fixed term Nurse Unit Manager Level 1 position is available full time up to April 2022.
- Qualification as a Registered Nurse, with current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), including a minimum 3 years post registration experience in aged care and/or rehabilitation and/or other relevant specialty
- Relevant postgraduate qualification in geriatrics, rehabilitation or related field or working toward same; or a combination of work experience and study with a demonstrated commitment to professional development
- Operational management qualifications or comparable relevant experience in a health care setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to co-ordinate case management of patients with complex needs
- Proven clinical leadership and the ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team and maintain a positive work culture
- Ability to implement change and develop new initiatives, with proven ability in innovative clinical service delivery in a community setting
- Demonstrated skill in strategic and service planning and stakeholder management
- Highly developed computer skills and competency in the use of clinical and corporate information management systems
Enquiries to: Genevieve Maiden, Allied Health & Integrated Care Manager – 02 9369 0351 – email@example.com
Application Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms May 2019.pdf
Position Description: PD_GFS NUM1_Fixed Term_Feb 2021.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Sunday 7th March 2021
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.