Closing:Closing in 20 hours
Mainfreight is a global supply chain logistics company with offices all over Australia and the world. Our Tullamarine based Air & Ocean office has an entry-level Reception opportunity available.
Our reception team are the face of our business. We believe the suitable applicant is someone who is confident, has a can-do attitude and is motivated to learn and grow within the business. With Mainfreight’s emphasis on promotion from within, this is the perfect stepping stone role for something looking to enter the business world – you will work closely with the Branch Manager, meeting people across the branch and other branches in our network nationally.
This position includes but is not limited to:
- Managing front desk inbound phone calls via Arc Console Operator, and Cisco Jabber
- Sorting our daily mail – inbound and outbound
- Monitoring sick leave and annual leave for the branch
- Typing and sending out the weekly kitchen menu
- Ordering stationery for the branch and any other stationery required
- Monthly payroll
- Updating various tracking boards around the branch
- Maintaining the petty cash
- Managing, and lodging original documents – updating the system with information.
- Dealing with shipping lines and other creditors
- Posting invoices
- Preparing payments to suppliers
This role will be well suited to a business studies student who is looking to gain some experience before they finish school. The right person may have some basic skills or experience in office administration and/or reception however full training will be provided on all the above responsibilities.