Location:Wiri South Auckland, NZ
Closing:Closing in 4 hours
Here at Griffin’s Snacks, we’re proud of our heritage and being New Zealand’s largest snack food company, producing many iconic kiwi brands, including Griffin’s, Huntley and Palmers, ETA and Nice & Natural. Here at our Wiri plant, we produce our muesli, protein and nut bars and we’re also the proud home of the legendary Eta Ripples potato chips!
We’re looking for people to join us in permanent Machine Operator roles on the following shifts based at our site on Ash Road in Wiri, South Auckland.
- Fixed Nights: Working Monday to Friday 9.45pm – 6.00am (finishes Saturday 6am)
- Weekly Rotating Shift: Monday to Friday (Week One 5.45am – 2.00pm then Week Two 1.45pm-10.00pm rotating weekly) Note: you would be required to work both Week 1 and Week 2 hours above (not an option to only work mornings or only work afternoons – candidate’s need to be able to commit to rotating between both!)
- Starting hourly rate of $23.18 + $1.92 hourly shift allowance
- Overtime possible on Saturdays and before/after shift – paid at time and a half or double time
What will you be responsible for in this role?
- Measuring and processing large quantities of ingredients as per specifications
- Operating high-speed FMCG manufacturing machinery – including machine set up, changeovers, trouble-shooting and cleaning
- Following standard operating procedures to ensure consistent production quality
- Accurately completing and recording quality checks
- Ensuring all Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times
What will you bring to the role?
- Previous experience in a busy, physical role – with machine operation experience being an extra tick!
- Reliability – you can be counted on to be there when you say you will be!
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment safely, effectively and productively
- Physical fitness – you’re happy to be in a role that has you on your feet and are ok with some heavy lifting (10kgs- 25kgs approx.)
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Confidence in using technology
- Positive attitude and motivation to keep improving in the workplace
- Desire to be part of a winning team – working with and helping others to achieve success
What can you expect in return? To work in an environment where you’ll be engaged and valued, with plenty of career growth opportunities and a focus on safety & wellness to make your workplace more enjoyable! You’ll also have free onsite parking, a discounted staff cafeteria and a staff shop to buy our delicious products!
What now? If you have the experience we are looking for and you wish to join a company where you can have pride and passion in what you do, please select APPLY NOW and submit your application form below! Following you filling in the application, we’ll send you back an email via our Chilli Factor system with questions to collect all the info we need to consider your application. Please note that this email may get caught in your Junk/Spam Inbox so please check there!
Please note that our Head Office and Manufacturing sites will be closing down over the Christmas and New Year period ((from 23rd Dec to 9th January), giving our team the opportunity to rest and relax. If you haven’t heard from us before Christmas, we will be back in touch with an update on your application as soon as possible in the New Year. We wish you a safe and happy festive season!