Location:Newcastle and Hunter
Closing:Closing in 8 hours
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Homemaker – Cert IV Aged Care to join Uniting Salamander Bay, NSW, on a permanent part time basis (almost full time hours). Our Homemakers live and breathe Inspired Care.
Homemaker will have an important role in providing leadership and supervision to staff and be expected to lead in the provision of quality care to residents by ensuring the delivery of skilled, individualized care to the highest possible professional standard.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Planning and coordinating daily work activities for self and provide guidance to others to ensure care needs are met, while allowing flexibility in client preferences and choices
- Demonstrating an understanding to identify and clarify Care Worker responsibility for aspects of care in consultation with the Registered Nurse, Care Coordinator and other members of the health care team
- Maintaining a continuum of care with key stakeholders
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize systems and processes that effectively audit, analyse and continuously improve the comprehensive assessment, care planning process and care delivery for each person receiving care
- Enrolled Nurse or Certificate IV including required medications skills set.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Flu Vaccination
- Medical competency
- Recognize Healthy Body Systems (HLTAP301B)
- Provide Support to People Living with Dementia (CHCAGE005)
Skills & experience
- A good insight into the health, social or aged care services industries
- Significant Aged Care experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Experience in running a shift
- Working knowledge of ACFI, Aged Care Accreditation Standards
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
- Salary Packaging
For Further Information Contact: Penny Van Raalte on (02) 4916 0888
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.