Location:Sydenham, Christchurch City
Closing:Closing in 3 hours
Alsco NZ (www.alsco.co.nz) has been providing professional and friendly textile rental and hygiene services throughout New Zealand, Australasia, and other parts of the world for more than 100 years. We have two of the most recognised, leading brands in the textile, laundry, and washroom hygiene industry: Alsco and Fresh & Clean.
Alsco is focused on protecting our environment for future generations. Sustainability is about the welfare of everything around us – our people, our planet and our community and is critical to our ongoing business success.
The Graduate Accountant role supports the business operations and sits within the South Island Hub Finance function. Responsibility includes collections, inwards cash receipting, payment allocation, daily communication with customers for collection of overdue debts, handling customer queries, reconciling debtor accounts, customer purchase order maintenance, communication at all levels within the business, spreadsheeting, participation in National Account collections where needed, and other tasks as required. You will be expected to maintain Accounts Receivable for multiple branches, work well with the existing Finance team, participate in the enhancement of systems and processes, and be able to provide regular feedback and reporting to the wider Management Team. During peak periods, and as the needs of the wider Hub Team vary, you will also be expected to provide support to the wider team, which may include taking on additional tasks. Collections are the focus of this role, but your great attitude and wide-ranging skills will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the business in other areas.
The successful applicant will possess:
- A Bachelor of Commerce preferred
- Experience in accounts receivable and collections
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm to increase your knowledge and capabilities
- An ability to organise and manage time and tasks efficiently
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with customers
- Assertive, persuasive, proactive, and a team player attitude
- A very strong customer focus, a high level of accuracy, and a keen eye for detail
- An intermediate to advanced level of skill with Excel
- Previous experience is essential
What is on offer
Operating within a close-knit, fast-paced environment, you will relish the opportunity to broaden your skillset and further develop your capabilities. You will have the advice and guidance and support in the form of resources and a very experienced senior management team to drive the operation forward.