Closing:Closing in 3 hours
- Sydenham, Christchurch
- Competitive salary of $65,000 – $70,000
- Permanent, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Focus on Accounts Receivable
- Established, stable and expanding Global Service company
- Opportunity for development and advancement
Alsco NZ (www.alsco.co.nz) has been providing professional and friendly textile rental and hygiene services throughout New Zealand, Australasia, and other parts of the world for more than 100 years. We have two of the most recognised, leading brands in the textile, laundry, and washroom hygiene industry: Alsco and Fresh & Clean.
Alsco is focused on protecting our environment for future generations. Sustainability is about the welfare of everything around us – our people, our planet and our community and is critical to our ongoing business success.
Purpose of the role
We are on the hunt for a Graduate Accountant to support the business operations within our South Island Hub Finance team. This role will be responsible for cash receipting, collection of overdue debts, handling customer queries, reconciling debtor accounts, customer purchase order maintenance, and other tasks as required.
Your great attitude and wide-ranging skills will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the wider finance team and business. There will also be opportunity to take on additional tasks such as accounts payable, assisting with month-end accounting close and general administration.
The ideal candidate will have an orientation for customer service, a high level of attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and sound knowledge of accounting.
Alsco fosters an environment where you can contribute your ideas, recommendations, and initiatives to increase efficiency and maximise the value add of the Finance & Administration function and wider business.
The successful applicant will possess:
- An accounting degree (BCom or similar) preferably with some work experience in the Accounting field
- Wanting to pursue certification as a Chartered Accountant
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with customers/suppliers
- Tech savvy, experience with ABEL preferrable
- A strong customer focus, a high level of accuracy, and a keen eye for detail
- Proactive, solutions-focused and eager to develop a long-term career with Alsco
Building your career with Alsco will allow you to broaden your skillset and further develop your capabilities. You will work with a close-knit team in a fast-paced environment, supported by an experienced manager and wider finance team. If this interests you, please use link below to apply!