Closing:Closing in 3 hours
Seeking Passionate Trainee Forklift Operators
Embark on a rewarding journey as a Trainee Forklift Operator at Fonterra’s bustling distribution centres. We are a co-operative that values the power of collective effort and our mission is to cultivate future leaders in our industry. Guided by the principle of Haea te Ata, we strive to foster a supportive environment that brings our motto of tātou tātou and Good Together to life in everything we do.
Seize the opportunity to kickstart your career as a Trainee Forklift Operator! Working alongside a dynamic team and leveraging modern technology, you will play a pivotal role in facilitating the movement of our dairy products across New Zealand and the globe through professional forklift operations.
As part of a comprehensive 12-month program, you will receive guidance from experienced teams, ensuring proficiency in forklift operations. Your responsibilities will encompass the proper unloading, palletizing, and storage of goods, as well as picking/packing and dispatching to the correct destinations. The program includes certification as a Forklift driver and access to a range of internal and external training opportunities. Embrace the chance to gain valuable experience by occasionally assisting at other sites, contributing to your overall professional growth within our expansive team of 14,000 members.
Positions available at the following locations:
- Canpac (Hamilton)
What you will bring and develop
We value passion about the industry and a drive to learn and grow.
Key skills and qualifications include:
- Attained NCEA Level 1 in English and Math or equivalent.
- A full class 1 driving license or the ability to obtain one latest by April 2024.
- New Zealand or Australian citizen or Permanent Resident in New Zealand.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and adaptability to change.
- Comfort with emerging technology and a robust mechanical aptitude.
- Confident use of computer systems.
Above all, it is your positive attitude, passion to pursue a career with Fonterra, and an ambition to learn that will distinguish you!
Diversity and Inclusion:
We believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role and bring unique experiences, we encourage you to apply, as you may be the perfect candidate for this opportunity.
- Apply online by Sunday 11th February indicating your preferred location.
- Successful candidates will be invited to a short phone interview the week of 19th
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to face-to-face interviews the week of 26th
- Successful candidates will be extended a verbal offer and undergo pre-employment checks.
- Formal offers will be extended in mid-March 2024 with a targeted start end-March.
Join a community bound by Whanaungatanga, a Co-operative spirit that provides us with common strength and purpose. We embrace Manaakitanga, caring for our people at the core of our endeavors, striving for the prosperity of our farmers, employees, customers, and communities. Kaitiakitanga underscores our commitment to land stewardship, ensuring we farm in a way that regenerates our environment for future generations.
Experience Whakaohooho, where we continually inspire ourselves and each other through exceptional career development opportunities and benefits. We champion flexibility and balance, tailoring work-life arrangements to suit diverse lifestyles and preferences.