Location:Multiple Locations, NZ
Closing:Closing in 3 hours
Mō tō mātou āhuatanga | Who we are
Tonkin + Taylor is New Zealand’s leading engineering and environmental consultancy, renowned for our technical excellence in solving complex challenges. We are proudly a New Zealand, employee-owned company and our collective mission is to create and sustain a better world.
At T+T, we strongly believe that it’s our people that keep our clients coming back. Our people are known for being ‘humble high-achievers’: delivering award-winning solutions, working collaboratively, and delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients. They are our greatest asset, and we invest in their development, well-being, and career aspirations.
Kei te hiahia mātou ki ōu pūkenga | We want your skills
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for two new cadets to join our successful and growing Digital Engineering team.
If you are someone wanting to start your career in Civil Engineering, but don’t have any experience or formal engineering training – this is the role for you!
Nā tōu rourou | What you’ll bring
- At least NCEA Level 2
- A desire to learn civil engineering
- A great work ethic and can-do attitude
- A self-motivated, critical thinking and problem solving mindset
- An interest in 3D Modelling
Kei te whakapono mātou ki tō whanaketanga | We want to develop you
This cadetship programme will allow you to gain both theoretical and practical skills to allow you to grow and develop every day.
Along with working full time at T+T you will also undertake the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering Civil Level 6 on a part time basis (paid for by T+T). This is a four year course and will complement the practical skills and real world applications you are learning in our Digital Engineering team.
Join us and you will:
- work on a diverse range of complex projects
- enjoy the fix-it, enquiring, and solutions-based design culture
- be supported with your career goals and have heaps of opportunities for development
Ngā Hua | Our benefits
- Exposure to a variety of professional experts and projects; T+T are involved in a number of large-scale alliance projects, as well as smaller community focused projects
- A highly supportive team environment where you are encouraged to pave your own career path that caters to your own personal pathway
- A flexible working culture and formal flexible working arrangements including part time working and ability to purchase extra leave
- Internal training programs
- Mentoring programs
- $500 annual wellbeing allowance and wellbeing programme
- A very active social club
- Free fruit baskets and morning teas (we love morning teas at T+T!)
- Additional parental leave, salary top-up and a back to work coaching programme (as per policy)
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
We embrace flexible working at T+T and aim to work in a way that serves the needs of our people, clients and communities. Our flexible working culture enables us to work flexibly to create better work and life experiences. We welcome applicants who wish to work part-time or flexible hours.
Locations: Auckland CBD, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington, Christchurch
Toroa tā mātou pae tukutuku mō ētehi atu kōrero | For more information, check out our website
APPLY NOW! Or for further information on T+T, go to: http://www.tonkintaylor.co.nz. T+T is not only a place to work – it’s a place where your work will make a difference.
‘Everyone Matters’ is one of our three core values at T+T, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce who foster inclusion, participation, and equal opportunity.
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer, a member of Diversity Works, and Partners of TupuToa and Pūhoro STEMM Academy. We particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pacific languages to apply. T+T are proud to be part of the Rainbow Tick Whānau and welcomes applicants from rainbow communities.