Closing:Closing in 7 hours
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Uniting Aldersgate are looking for a permanent part-time L & W coordinator to work at our newly refurbished facility in Lilyfield.
As a key role within the community, the Leisure and Wellness Coordinator embodies our person-centred care approach which aims to celebrate our clients as unique individuals.
Working alongside the care team, you will ensure our clients’ unique physical, psychological, social and spiritual wellbeing is enhanced through meaningful lifestyle and wellbeing programs.
Responsibilities may include:
- Improve clients’ quality of life through facilitating relationship-enabling environments and activities
- Build and deliver an integrated approach for engagement and inclusion
- Establish relationships and networks within your local community to promote active ageing opportunities
- Facilitate quality, timely and effective communication maintaining privacy and confidentiality of each client
Skills and experience:
- Certificate IV Leisure and Lifestyle and/or equivalent qualifications and experience
- Know-how of contemporary leisure and lifestyle assessment and program planning processes
- A demonstrated experience in planning, developing and coordinating community and social events
- Exceptional ability to engage and communicate with a range of stakeholders, and develop partnerships.
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Build a key service in a brand new facility
- Hands on training, development and mentoring in a leading provider
- Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
- Not for profit salary packaging entitlements